With funding aid from federal and state grants administered by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, the Fox Valley Park District has developed a 48-mile, interconnected network of premier trails for biking, hiking and walking including:
Trails, Neighborhood and Community Parks
Sunrise to one hour past sunset
For additional park information, call 630-897-0516
- Animals: All dogs must be restrained by a leash not longer than six feet.
- Fishing: All persons fishing shall abide by all game laws of the state of Illinois and possess a valid Illinois Fishing License as required by law with proper game stamps.
- Hunting: No hunting, mistreatment of animals or trapping is allowed anywhere within the Park System.
- Alcohol: No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the parks and trails owned and maintained by Fox Valley Park District, with the exception of Cool Acres facility, where proper application for beer, wine and liquor is required.
- Motorized Vehicles: Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the nature trails, off a paved roadway or parked on the grass.
- Boats: No motorized boats, sailboards or jet skis allowed on any water under Park District control. No motorized model boats or airplanes. Canoes, kayaks and sailboats are welcome.
- Rollerskating/Rollerblading: No rollerskating or rollerblading on tennis courts. Skating is allowed at Hupp Skate Park, located at the corner of Illinois Avenue and Orchard Road, and along the paved trails.
- Fires: Fires are allowed only in proper receptacles.
Fox Valley Park District provides outdoor venues ideal for a variety of special events. The Waubonsie Lake Trail and Gilman Trail serve as scenic routes for hosting 5K runs, walk-a-thons, bike races and more. Groups are welcome to reserve any of our parks for gatherings of all sizes.