We at the Fox Valley Park District believe that full day camps are essential to the community and therefore will be offering 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. day camp starting July 6 for those in need of childcare assistance.
Following guidelines set by the DCEO for Day Camps as part of the Restore IL Plan, American Academy for Pediatrics’ and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), we plan to execute day camp as safely as possible by keeping class sizes to 10 and under, keeping groups of kids in the same rooms with the same counselors when possible to limit exposure to others in the program, spacing out seats at meal times, and staggering group activities.
The Camp Committee is finalizing plans on how we plan to adjust daily operations of camp with these guidelines. By practicing proper sanitation, increased reinforcement of hand hygiene, health prescreening precautions, and distancing at high risk times such as eating and physical activity, we look forward to providing those in need with a summer tradition, regardless of modifications needed to safely return to the new normal.
New this year, the Fox Valley Park District will be utilizing ePACT to obtain all emergency contact and necessary medical information for your camp participant. Parents will receive an email from ePACT asking them to complete the needed information for your camper which will need to be completed prior to drop off on the first day of camp. The use of ePACT also creates the opportunity for a paperless check-in and check-out system at camp. Your personal information will only be available to Fox Valley Park District and will not be shared with any outside sources. For help regarding ePACT, please reach out to the supervisor of the camp program you are enrolled in.
Summer Day Camp at the Fox Valley Park District –
Starting Monday, July 6
- Group Size: 10 campers, 2 counselors.
- Enrollment Capacity: 50% or more reduction.
- Restrictions: 6 feet of social distancing, static groups when possible.
- Spaces: Allocated camp room, outdoor fields, open space and trails.
- Activities: Indoor/Outdoor games, guest entertainment/entertainers, hikes, crafts and more!
- Face Masks: Expected to be worn at all times indoors unless eating.
- Field Trips: Off-site cancelled, in-house entertainment will be provided.
- Drop-Off/Pick-Up: Per facility operations, curbside pick-up and drop-off provided to limit larger gatherings. Additional information per facility will be provided.
- Food: Provided by campers and no sharing will be allowed.
Notice Regarding Summer 2020 Programming in Light of COVID-19
Fox Valley Park District will continue to closely monitor health and safety guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Centers for Disease and Control in planning summer programming. Any accommodation requests will be considered in conjunction with health and safety guidance from the IDPH. The IDPH recommends that any adults over the age of 60 years, especially with serious medical conditions, or any children with serious underlying medical conditions, avoid congregate settings, such as childcare or daycare centers.