Reservation Information

Looking for a beautiful backdrop for your next event? The Fox Valley Park District offers 18 park shelters available for reservation throughout the District. Our parks and shelters offer affordable options and amenities perfect for parties, family gatherings, corporate picnics, weddings and more.

Reservations are accepted on a first come, first served basis up to 365 days in advance of your event date. All groups of 25 people or more are required to reserve a shelter for their event. Permits are not required for groups under 25, however, there is no guarantee that the restrooms will be open, and that space and tables will be available.

Reservations can be made online or in person. A minimum of 14 days advance notice is required for all reservations. All documents and payment of fees are due at the time the reservation is made.

Shelter Hours

Shelters are open to the public year-round, sunrise to one hour past sunset. Shelters can be reserved between the hours of 9 a.m. – 9 p.m during the regular season of May 1 – October 15 each year.

General Park Shelter and Cool Acres Reservations are accepted online or at the following location:

Cole Center Administration Office, 101 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Online Reservation Link

Please note: Select your preferred date, choose “Reservable Shelter,” hit “Search” and off you go!

  • Cool Acres Reservations
  • Schedule of Fees
  • Day-Of Information
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Cool Acres Reservations

    Cool Acres – the District’s premiere shelter – is located along the beautiful Fox River on Route 25. This large structure with modern upgrades including a new shingled roof, skylights, siding and doors can accommodate up to 200 people with garage-like doors that can convert the party into an open-air celebration.

    View Cool Acres Guide and Photos

    Consumption of alcoholic beverages is allowed at Cool Acres by groups securing a permit and paying the required fees. Please note that Cool Acres has a separate fee structure (see Schedule of Fees).

    Schedule of Fees

    Reservable Shelters

    Picnic tables are available on site.

    2024 Rental Rate: Resident $180, Non-Resident $200

    The Park District will require the renter to provide a credit card to put on hold in the event of damage, violations of terms of the reservation contract, or of Park District Ordinances. If the renter does not wish to put a credit card on hold, the full $500 deposit will be required at time of booking and will be refunded within 21 days of the reservation provided the shelter is left in good standing.

    Cool Acres

    $500 refundable deposit required at time of reservation. Remaining balance due in full at least 30 days prior to event. Insurance required for permits with alcohol.

    2024 Cool Acres Fee Schedule
    With Alcohol Resident Non-Resident
    Refundable Deposit $500
    6-hour Rental $550 $570
    12-hour Rental $1,030 $1,070
    Additional Hours $110 each additional hour
    Insurance (1-100 people) $175
    Insurance (101+ people) $195
    Without Alcohol Resident Non-Resident
    Refundable Deposit $500
    6-hour Rental $510 $530
    12-hour Rental $980 $1,020
    Additional Hours $110 each additional hour
    Day-Of Information

    To assist with your reservation, patrons are asked to have their reservation contract present on the day of event to show a park official if requested. If a reservation is made, the tables and the shelter area are reserved specifically for that party and the restrooms will be opened. The park and playground area will remain open to the public.

    Alcohol is prohibited at any park or park shelter with the exception of Cool Acres (with special permit and insurance).

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Am I allowed to bring my own grill?
    No, grilling is only allowed on the grills provided on-site. Please be sure to select a shelter that has an adequate number of on-site grills for your event/purpose.

    When will the bathroom doors be unlocked?
    The bathroom doors are controlled remotely. The doors will unlock automatically at your scheduled start time, and lock at your scheduled end time. There is no need to contact Fox Valley Park District unless the doors fail to open/lock at the scheduled times.

    Are there water hookups at the shelters?
    No, there are no water hookups at any of the shelters.

    Is electricity provided at the shelter?
    No, Cool Acres is the only shelter with electricity provided.

    What times can I set up and tear down my event?
    Set-up and tear-down must be done within the hours of the reservation. When you are making your reservation, please be sure to allow time for both set-up and tear-down.

    Are the parking spaces exclusive for my reservation?
    No, parking spaces are open to the general public and the reserving party.

    Do I need to call and inform Fox Valley Park District when I arrive at/leave my event?
    No, the bathrooms are unlocked/locked remotely, and the shelter will be ready before your scheduled start time.

    Does Fox Valley Park District provide trash can liners?
    No, the District only provides the trash cans/barrels themselves. Renters are responsible for providing liners.

    Why does the vendor have to be registered with Fox Valley Park District?
    By registering with the Park District, the vendor files their certificate of insurance only once a year with the District. The vendors are then added to the Registered Vendor List for park shelter rentals which is distributed to those inquiring about additional services.

    Is a registered vendor required if food is being prepared by the party host, being brought from home or having a potluck?
    A registered vendor is not required if people bring and consume their own food (i.e. private picnic or family gathering).

    Do I need insurance?
    Please see the chart below. Insurance is required for both the protection of the individual or organization renting the shelter as well as for the protection of the Park District in the event of third party claims for bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to the property. The insurance required by the Park District is for coverage up to $1,000,000 per occurrence, and it must name the Fox Valley Park District as additionally insured.

    When is General Liability (Host) Liquor Insurance required?
    General Liability Insurance includes Host Liquor coverage. This insurance is required when alcohol is being provided and there is no price of admission or charge for the alcohol to the attendees of the event.

    When are both General Liability (Host) Liquor and Illinois Statutory Liquor Liability Insurance required?
    Illinois Statutory Liquor Liability coverage must be added when alcoholic beverages are being sold, are included in the price of admission or donations are accepted.

    Having trouble opening PDFs? Download Adobe Reader here.