The Fox Valley Park District maintains 168 parks, each with its own distinct characteristics. The District also owns and maintains 22 miles of river shoreline, 25 lakes, 63 park shelters and more than 2,500 acres of open space. Park amenities include 98 playgrounds, 48 basketball courts, 27 outdoor tennis courts, 107 ball fields fields and 86 soccer fields.
Trails, Neighborhood and Community Parks
Sunrise to one hour past sunset
For additional park information, call 630-897-0516
- Animals: All dogs must be restrained by a leash not longer than six feet.
- Fishing: All persons fishing shall abide by all game laws of the state of Illinois and possess a valid Illinois Fishing License as required by law with proper game stamps.
- Hunting: No hunting, mistreatment of animals or trapping is allowed anywhere within the Park System.
- Alcohol: With the exception of Cool Acres facility (with proper application), no alcoholic beverages are allowed in the Park System.
- Motorized Vehicles: Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the nature trails, off a paved roadway or parked on the grass.
- Boats: No motorized boats, sailboards or jet skis allowed on any water under Park District control. No motorized model boats or airplanes.
- Rollerskating/Rollerblading: No rollerskating or rollerblading on tennis courts. Skating is allowed at Hupp Skate Park, located at the corner of Illinois Avenue and Orchard Road.
- Fires: Fires are allowed only in proper receptacles.