Join Our Team
The Fox Valley Park District has 102 full-time employees and nearly 750 part-time and seasonal employees at various times throughout the year to operate its programs and facilities. We are always looking for talented, energetic customer-focused individuals to be a part of our team. From teens seeking their first job to highly skilled adult program leaders, there are many positions available.
- A friendly work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive wages
With opportunities to:
- Earn money
- Make friends
- Learn new and different skills
- Interact with a diverse group of people
- Develop talents and be promoted
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Fox Valley Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With our diverse community, minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Carefully read the directions and review the current job openings.
- Once you find a position you are interested in applying for, click the “Apply” button and you will be taken to the online application.
- Take time to complete the application as thoroughly as possible. This assists in your selection as a candidate for the position.
- As you are completing your application, please note specific formatting that may be indicated. At the end, if you do not see a Submit button, it likely means a required field is either missing or incorrect in your application. Click the Review button, and you will then be brought to the top of the application where an error message should appear. Unfortunately, it will not specify what the problem is, so you will need to scroll through to review your entries. The system will indicate the error with a red asterisk (*). Once the error is corrected, the Submit button should appear.
- After submitting an application, the system will generate a PIN number for you. Please make a note of it and keep in a safe place.
- To update your application or to apply for additional positions, log in to the system as a returning applicant, enter your name and PIN and proceed to the “Applicant Profile” screen.
- If you have any issues submitting your online application, contact HR Assistant Jadie Aguilar at 630-966-4510 or HR Manager Lisa Santoria at 630-966-4517 during regular business hours.
- To update your application or to apply for additional positions, log in to the system as a returning applicant and enter your name, zip code and PIN and proceed to the “Applicant Profile” screen.
- If you are being considered for a position, you will be contacted.
Outdoor Aquatic Center Employment
For employment at Phillips Park Family Aquatic Center or Splash Country Water Park (other than maintenance positions), contact:
- Admissions & Manager On Duty positions – Matt Odom, Recreation Program Manager, at 630-907-9600 or email email@example.com
- Swim Instructor & Lifeguard positions – Dan Chambers, Aquatics Program Manager, at 630-907-9600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Orchard Valley Golf Course Employment
For employment at Orchard Valley Golf Course, managed by Billy Casper Golf, contact the Pro Shop at 630-907-0500, the Restaurant at 630-907-0600, the Maintenance area at 630-907-8998 or visit the golf course at 2411 W. Illinois Ave. (corner of Illinois Avenue and Orchard Road).
Fox Valley Special Recreation Association Employment
For employment at Fox Valley Special Recreation Association as an inclusion companion for individuals with disabilities in Fox Valley Park District programs, apply online here. For more information, contact Jackie Hart, Inclusion Manager, at 630-907-1114 or email@example.com.
- If you do not hear from us, you most likely are not being considered at the present time.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, criminal background check and – for full-time positions and designated safety-sensitive part-time positions – a pre-employment physical that includes a drug test. For more information, see the tabs below.
- Applications and resumes are kept on file for one year.
If you are offered employment, the Park District will conduct a criminal background check as required by Illinois State Law. You will be required to sign a Conviction Information Request Release Form at the time an offer is made and you will be scheduled for fingerprinting at the Fox Valley Park District Police and Public Safety Offices.
The Park District is required by law to obtain criminal conviction information from the Illinois State Police on all prospective employees once an offer is extended. There are certain convictions that will automatically disqualify you from employment. For a listing and more information, click here (PDF). When applying for a position, you will be required to check an acknowledgment box indicating you have read the criminal background information on the online application.
Physical examinations by a medical doctor shall be required for candidates offered full-time positions and designated safety sensitive part-time positions. The Fox Valley Park District follows ADA guidelines and will make reasonable accommodations, where possible, to hire qualified applicants.
All full-time employees and designated safety-sensitive part-time positions will be required to undergo a pre-placement drug screening. It is the policy of the Fox Valley Park District to provide a safe, productive and drug-free work environment.