MARCH 27 UPDATE – FACILITIES, PLAYGROUNDS, PARKS, TRAILS AND ATHLETIC FIELDS ARE CLOSED
In response to Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order issued March 20 for Illinois residents to “stay at home,” all District facilities, playgrounds, parks, trails, athletic fields and courts, and park restrooms across the community are closed to the public through April 7.
Trails and parks are not being maintained to normal levels, including removal of debris or downed trees/branches and monitoring for flooding.
Residents who choose to use open spaces for health and wellness during this event are encouraged to practice social distancing. Do NOT gather in groups. Refrain from using these public spaces if you are exhibiting symptoms.
We join more than 1,000 similar agencies through the National Recreation and Park Association in providing guidelines to using open space wisely during the COVID-19 outbreak. For more detailed information, please see this link – https://www.nrpa.org/about-national-recreation-and-park-association/press-room/NRPA-statement-on-using-parks-and-open-space-while-maintaining-social-distancing/.
MARCH 26 UPDATE – FVPD CANCELLATIONS DUE TO COVID-19
Fox Valley Park District Event Rescheduling and Cancellations
Fox Valley Park District is in the process of rescheduling or canceling seasonal events due to the coronavirus closures and health precautions now in place. Refunds will be issued to participants for canceled events that required advanced registration. The Park District will continue to monitor the coronavirus situation and communicate any further program or event cancellations to participants.
Here is the current status of upcoming events:
- Underwater Egg Hunt (April 5) – CANCELED
- Breakfast with the Bunny (April 7) – CANCELED
- Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt (April 9) – CANCELED
- Milo’s Marvelous Egg Hunt (April 11) – CANCELED
- Wine & Canvas (April 15) – CANCELED
- Parent & Child Painting Class (April 18) – CANCELED
- Barnyard Dash 5K & Pig Pen 1-Miler (April 25) – CANCELED
- Superhero Smash (April 25) – CANCELED
- Mid-American Canoe & Kayak Race (June 7) – CANCELED
MARCH 20 UPDATE FOR FOX FITNESS MEMBERS
While we continue to closely monitor the information and guidelines set forth by local and federal leaders, please know you remain top of mind, for the health and safety of our members and employees is paramount to everything we do.
We will be extending all “paid in full” memberships – one month past your original end date – to cover the time the fitness centers are closed. If you were charged your regular membership fees on March 15, your membership dues will be waived on April 15. Any memberships that had previously been suspended will continue to stay suspended until we have a reopen date.
Meanwhile, as you plan your day – albeit in a significantly altered routine – please consider liking our Fox Fitness page on Facebook, where you can access daily tips and videos designed to provide a variety of workouts for you to do on your own, from your home.
During our time of facility closure, we’ll continue to have maintenance and custodial crews onsite, working diligently to deep-clean the buildings and make needed repairs. In addition, some of the facilities will have new equipment upgrades and added amenities. Stay tuned!
We’re confident you’ll recognize that we’ve done everything to ensure our fitness centers are ready upon your return.
Please stay safe. We hope to see you soon.
MARCH 16 UPDATE (COVID-19)
The Fox Valley Park District has canceled its programs and closed ALL facilities to help limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Full closures go into effect at end of business on Monday, March 16. We are continuing to monitor recommendations from the CDC, county health departments and local leaders with regard to the current situation.
To be clear, these closures and cancellations include:
- Cancellation of all Fox Valley Park District programs and events
- Cancellation of Creative Play and Nature Play Preschool programs
- Cancellation of all Fox Fitness centers and group exercise activities
- Cancellation of group rentals, birthday parties, youth sports events, field permits, etc.
- Cancellation of Open Gym
- Cancellation of Friendly Center activities and trips
- Closure includes all parks, dog parks, garden plots, and trails. NOTE: We’re not actively maintaining parks and trails during this event, nor will we have a public safety presence at these sites. Users can make their own decisions in regard to open space and social distancing.
- Closure of all facilities, including Vaughan Athletic Center, Vaughan Tennis Center, Eola Community Center, Prisco Community Center, Red Oak Nature Center, Copley Boxing Center, Blackberry Farm, and Stuart Sports Complex
Our operations team will be using these closures as an opportunity to further enhance sanitization measures at the district’s many facilities, including our park and playground structures.
Polling Notice: Vaughan, Eola (Library branch portion only) and Prisco will be open as polling places only on Tuesday, March 17.
Our customer service staff will begin refunding participants for canceled programs and events. This will be on a pro-rated basis where applicable. Please note: it may take 14-30 days to process refunds. We appreciate your patience. Refunds will not be processed in person at any FVPD site.
The Park District will continue to adjust as necessary. New actions may be triggered by measures taken by other government agencies, or Federal or State mandates. Please check back here frequently for updates.
MARCH 12 UPDATE (COVID-19)
Although there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in our district, we continue to take preventative steps to provide the safest conditions for our guests and staff.
- Modified cleaning schedule includes increased frequency and detail of areas maintained, including handrails, door handles, machines and other high-touch materials
- Additional sanitizing stations throughout our buildings
- Visual sign campaign throughout district
- Verbal reminders in group exercise classes to wash hands thoroughly and disinfect equipment
- Digital campaign on social, website and email providing instruction and additional resources
- Additional gym wipes
- Reminders to front-line staff to please ask guests to wipe down equipment
Protect Yourself and Others!
We are asking all staff and guests to please follow the recommended guidelines with regards to personal hygiene and safety. This applies year-round, but is especially important in reducing the spread of infectious disease.
- If you are sick, stay home
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water (20 seconds). Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Get more information – External Resources