Over 500 community garden plots are available on an annual basis. Each year, garden plots are available to residents through the Park District’s Garden Plot Program. Plots are 20 feet by 30 feet each and are $15 per plot for residents ($30 for non-residents), with no limit on the number that can be reserved.
Those who rented garden plots in 2017 may reserve their same plots beginning on Monday, March 5, 2018. Starting on March 12, 2018, any remaining plots will be made available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserved plots may be accessed from April 15 through Oct. 15.
NEW! Both sites now have potable water, made available through the Park District’s rainwater collection program. Fill your water containers on-site and nourish your plots with natural rainwater!
The Fox Valley Park District wishes gardeners success while growing fresh, healthy produce at the garden plots!
Jericho Road and Barnes Road (just east of Stuart Sports Complex), Montgomery
Located just west of Jericho Lake Park, this area hosts 260 garden plots. All registrations for garden plots at the west location are accepted at the Prisco Community Center, 150 W. Illinois Ave., in Aurora. For information, call 630-859-8606. West Location Plot Map
Oakhurst Forest Preserve (1574 Fifth Ave.), Aurora
The Park District offers 250 garden plots at the Oakhurst Forest Preserve on Aurora’s east side, thanks to an agreement with the Forest Preserve District of Kane County. All registrations for garden plots at the east location are accepted at the Eola Community Center, 555 S. Eola Road, in Aurora. For information, call 630-851-8990. East Location Plot Map
Sunrise to one hour past sunset.
Gardeners are required to fill out a plot permit and will receive a vehicle permit to display in their car window to visit the site. Gardeners who rented plots the previous year have the first opportunity to reserve a plot during the first week of March. Beginning the second week of March, remaining plots are rented on a first-come, first-served basis. When registering to reserve plots, please have your vehicle license plate number along with the make, model and year of the car you will be using to visit your garden plot.
Jericho Road and Barnes Roads, Montgomery
All registrations for garden plots at the west location are accepted at the Prisco Community Center, 150 W. Illinois Ave., in Aurora. For information, call 630-859-8606.
Oakhurst Forest Preserve (1574 Fifth Ave.), Aurora
All registrations for garden plots at the east location are accepted at the Eola Community Center, 555 S. Eola Road, in Aurora. For information, call 630-851-8990.
Please review the items below for a successful garden plot season. Violations of the following regulations may result in revocation of the use of the plot(s), without refund if necessary. The Park District also reserves the right to refuse future gardening privileges to anyone who abuses the program.
• Plots can be accessed from April 15 to Oct. 15.
• The Park District rough tills all of the plots when weather allows.
• The condition of the soil varies from plot to plot depending on past use and location.
• Each plot is identified with a numbered marker in the Northwest corner of the plot.
Please check your plot number before planting, to be sure that you are planting in the correct plot.
• Each plot should be maintained up to the boundaries.
• Plots that are not maintained will be mowed.
• Water is not available at the garden plot sites.
• Motorized vehicles are not allowed inside the plot area.
• Gardeners must park only in designated parking areas.
• Pets are not allowed inside the garden plot area.
• Please leave a non-planted footpath between plots.
• If you place stakes on your plants, please remove stakes by Oct. 15.
• All wood, wire, string, landscaping blankets, fencing and other materials must be cleaned from the plots by Oct. 15.
• Place all trash in the garbage containers located near the parking lot and garden plot areas.
• Place all garden plot waste in the designated area marked near the garden plots.
• Any garden plot that is not tilled by July 1 will be forfeited for the season.
• The Fox Valley Park District does not assume responsibility for theft or vandalism.
• Please respect other gardeners and their plots by walking only on unplanted footpaths near garden plot edges.
• Gardeners must not infringe on any other plots and must not allow pesticides, water or other materials to infringe on another gardener’s plot.
• Use only the garden plots that you hold a permit for.
• Gardeners must display vehicle hang tag permits from the rear view mirror during the time you are in the garden plots. Vehicles that do not display the hang tag permit will be ticketed. This procedure ensures the security of all gardeners and plots.
If you have any questions or encounter any problems with your garden plot rental, please contact the Fox Valley Park District at 630-897-0516.
If there is an occurrence of vandalism, theft or damage or in case of emergency at a garden plot site, the gardener should contact the Fox Valley Park District Police at 630-450-7024.