Creative Play and Nature Play Preschool are guided by the philosophy of learning through play. Play forms the foundation of cognitive, social, physical and emotional skills that are building blocks for success in school, paving the way for life-long learning. Our STEAM based curriculum is rich in science, mathematics, and art activities while following the Illinois Early Learning Standards. There are four different preschool program offerings based on age. Each program focuses on developmentally appropriate practices that nurture each stage of a child’s preschool career.
Back to School Dates!
First days of classes are the week of September 5th depending on class schedule. Tuesday/Thursday classes start on the 5th, M-F on the 5th, MWF classes on the 6th and Friday classes on the 8th.
Creative Play Preschool
Nature Play Preschool
|This program is housed at Eola and Prisco Community Centers. Through the STEAM curriculum, our classrooms and creative materials encourage play to promote your child’s means of expression, creativity and problem-solving skills. Small and large group activities help your child achieve healthy emotional development. Children will experience inside and outside classroom time, as well as utilizing the gym for gross motor play.||Hosted at Red Oak Nature Center and Blackberry Farm, this curriculum is based on traditional kindergarten readiness skills and developmentally appropriate practices with an emphasis on environmental education. Children embrace and investigate natural surroundings, with recycling and conservation education as an integral part of the program. Students go outdoors every day, year-round.|
Learn more about our programs!
- Creative Play & Nature Play Preschool Trifold
- Preschool Options: 2017-2018 school year
- Creative Play Preschool Handbook
- Nature Play Preschool Handbook
For more information, please contact:
For information on class offerings, tuition, guidelines and procedures, please view the Parent Handbook.
Registration is offered at Eola Community Center, Vaughan Athletic Center and Prisco Community Center (online registration is not available for preschool).
- Copy of a current physical is required before Sept. 1.
- Children must be potty-trained for the 3’s, 4’s and Pre-Kindergarten programs. No Pull-Ups or diapers allowed.
- Proof of age (copy of birth certificate) is required at registration.
- Age requirements (no exceptions)
- Children must be 30 months by Sept. 1, 2017, to attend our 2-year-old program.
- Children must be 3 by Sept. 1, 2017, to attend our 3-year-old program.
- Children must be 4 by Sept. 1, 2017, to attend our 4-year-old and Pre-Kindergarten programs.
Text and Email Alerts
New this year! Sign up to receive TEXT and EMAIL alerts about Creative Play Preschool. Alerts will provide you with reminders about schedule days off and weather-related closing. You may opt out at any time. It’s super easy!
1. Click here: RAINOUTLINE.COM
2. Click Creative Play Preschool Eola, Creative Play Preschool Prisco or Nature Play Preschool Red Oak
3. Click Email & Text Alerts (on left side of page)
4. Follow instructions to sign up to receive alerts
5. Choose to receive alerts through Email, Text or Both
Once you’re finished registering you’re set to go!
If you do not wish to receive information by text or email, you can receive up-to-date reminders and weather cancellations by phone. Simply call 630-639-5850 and select the preschool location of your choice.