2019/20 Registration Dates
Jan. 14: Returning students & siblings
Jan. 22: Resident registration
Jan. 28: Non-resident registration
Jan. 12: Creative & Nature Play Open House
(9:30 to 11 a.m. at Red Oak Nature Center & Eola)
Jan. 26: Creative & Nature Play Open House
(9:30 to 11 a.m. at Blackberry Farm & Prisco)
How to Register
Registration must be done in-person at one of our community centers. Please bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of residency. A non-refundable $75 registration fee is due at the time of registration.
Learn more about our program!
- Creative Play & Nature Play Preschool Pamphlet
- Preschool Options: 2019-2020 school year
- Preschool Parent Handbook
For more information, please contact:
Read our Preschool Blog!
For information on class offerings, tuition, guidelines and procedures, please view the Parent Handbook.
Registration is offered at Eola Community Center, Vaughan Athletic Center and Prisco Community Center (online registration is not available for preschool). Please bring:
- All three preschool registration forms
- Copy of a current physical is required before Sept. 1.
- Proof of age (copy of birth certificate) is required at registration.
- Children must be potty-trained for the 3’s, 4’s and Pre-Kindergarten programs. No Pull-Ups or diapers allowed.
- Age requirements (no exceptions)
- Children must be 30 months by Sept. 1, 2019, to attend our 2-year-old program.
- Children must be 3 by Sept. 1, 2019, to attend our 3-year-old program.
- Children must be 4 by Sept. 1, 2019, to attend our 4-year-old and Pre-Kindergarten programs.
Creative Play and Nature Play Preschool believe play-based learning creates the most well-rounded learners for life because it encompasses all aspects of your child’s development. Early play connects the intellectual, social, physical, and emotional skills necessary for success in school and in life.
Our curriculum is aligned to the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards and is built on traditional activities and early concepts of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math). Elements of the nature curriculum Growing Up Wild is woven into all of our classrooms. We also utilize Michael Heggerty’s Ed.D. Phonemic Awareness curriculum.
While utilizing all of the above, Nature Play’s curriculum is built with an emphasis on environmental education. Students learn to embrace natural surroundings, and to investigate the world around them. Conservation is an integral part of this curriculum. Students will go outside every day, year-round unless the weather is inclement or the temperature drops below 28 degrees.
We take pride in being your community-based preschool, and enjoy working with each child individually. Creative Play Preschool is housed at Eola Community Center and Prisco Community Center, while Nature Play Preschool is housed at Red Oak Nature Center and Blackberry Farm. Blackberry Farm not only utilizes the natural environment of the 54 acre park, but also incorporates hands-on activities with the resident farm animals.
Text and Email Alerts
New this year! Sign up to receive TEXT and EMAIL alerts about Creative Play Preschool. Alerts will provide you with reminders about schedule days off and weather-related closing. You may opt out at any time. It’s super easy!
1. Click here: RAINOUTLINE.COM
2. Click Creative Play Preschool Eola, Creative Play Preschool Prisco or Nature Play Preschool Red Oak
3. Click Email & Text Alerts (on left side of page)
4. Follow instructions to sign up to receive alerts
5. Choose to receive alerts through Email, Text or Both
Once you’re finished registering you’re set to go!
If you do not wish to receive information by text or email, you can receive up-to-date reminders and weather cancellations by phone. Simply call 630-639-5850 and select the preschool location of your choice.