Text and Email Alerts
Sign up to receive TEXT and EMAIL alerts about Splash Country Water Park and Phillips Park Family Aquatic Center. Alerts provide you with timely information about weather-related closings. You may opt out at any time. It’s super easy!
1. Click here: RAINOUTLINE.COM
2. Search for Fox Valley Park District
3. Click Fox Valley Park District
4. Choose Splash Country Water Park or Phillips Park Family Aquatic Center
5. Click Email & Text Alerts (on left side of page)
6. Follow instructions to sign up to receive alerts
7. Choose to receive alerts through email, text or both
Once you’re finished registering you’re set to go!
Reasons for Pool Closures
The Aquatics Supervisor or the Manager of Aquatics may close the pools under the following conditions:
- An electrical storm
- Severe weather conditions
- Air temperature drops below 67 degrees
- Attendance drops below 20 guests or severely reduced
- Mechanical difficulties and pool maintenance
Inclement Weather Guidelines
Opening and closing of the facility is subject to prevailing weather conditions, including cold weather, electrical storms, strong winds and heavy rains.
- The facility will close if the air temperature drops below 67 degrees (exception: private rental groups will have the option to cancel or continue with their rental if a closure of this nature occurs).
- If a guard while on duty should spot bad weather or lightening, he/she will blow their whistle, three short blasts and wait for a Supervisor or Manager.
- If lightening and/or thunder is detected in the area, the pool deck will be cleared, not closed for 30 minutes and will not reopen until an all clear siren (3 short blasts) is heard. If conditions force two consecutive 30-minute closures, the Aquatics Manager will evaluate the forecasted weather conditions and make the decision as to whether the facility will stay open or be closed.
The pool may be closed at any time if attendance drops below 20 guests. Discretion will be left up to the Supervisor / Manager on duty. (This will not apply if there are children in attendance for swim lessons).
In the event of fecal contamination, the pool will be evacuated for at least 30 minutes, during which time the Pool Manager will direct the proper procedures for sanitizing the pool according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The pool will be closed anytime there are unsafe conditions or anytime a situation arises that would jeopardize the public health or safety of the people in attendance. This decision will be made by the Outdoor Aquatics Maintenance Manager or Aquatics Manager.
Delayed Opening & Early Closing Procedures
The pool will be closed for public swimming if the air temperature is 67 degrees or below, or at the manager’s discretion based on inclement weather, low attendance, or unusual circumstances.
- If the pool is closed at 11 a.m., it will remain closed until 12 p.m.
- If the pool is closed at 12 p.m., it will remain closed until 4 p.m.
- If the pool is closed any time after 4 p.m., it will remain closed for the evening.
Re-Entry & Refunds
Guests may leave and re-enter the park as needed through the day. Re-entry will be granted with a hand stamp obtained at Guest Services on the way out. Guests must show hand stamp and day-of receipt to return.
Refunds will not be issued for daily admissions, due to inclement weather.
- If the pool closes within one hour of a guests’ arrival, guest will receive a pass to return any day within the 2014 season.
- If the pool closes after guests have been in attendance for longer than one hour, they may return same day only if the aquatic centers re-opens. To re-enter daily admission guests will need to show their day-of daily admissions receipt and hand stamp.
The Fox Valley Park District reserves the right to close any aquatic center park or feature due to low attendance/poor weather conditions.
Adult Lap Lane Swimming
Fifteen-minute adult swims are provided each hour in the deep end of the activity pool for guests ages 16 and older. This excludes the first and last hours that the facility is open. This time is intended for those who wish to swim. Parents may also swim with their children provided the child is 24 months and younger.