Get fit and stay healthy with a wide-array of health, wellness and fitness programs offered by the Fox Valley Park District.
Fox Fitness offers dozens of group exercise classes each week, all designed with a variety of fitness enthusiasts in mind. Group exercise classes are included with the purchase of a fitness pass.
Explore Eola Community Center’s E-Fit Interactive Fitness Room – an interactive gaming arcade where guests can run, jump, climb and dance their way to physical fitness! The E-Fit Room uses state-of-the-art fitness technology to create a fun cardio, speed/skill and core strength workout experience.
Vaughan Athletic Center is fighting childhood obesity by offering a series of classes that will “jumpstart” a healthy diet and exercise for kids. Participants will receive a prize after attending any of the classes below. All classes are ongoing and there is no prize limit.
- Yoga 101
- Cycling 101
- Working It Out Together
- Wolf Pack Junior Running Club
The Fox Valley Park District is taking a leading role in the battle against childhood obesity. Teaching children the importance of exercise and nutrition provides them a solid foundation for a healthy future.
In partnership with local agencies, the District helped create the “Making Kane County Fit for Kids” campaign. A major component of this campaign is the “Fit Kids 2020 Plan,” which provides guidelines, strategies and action steps to put children on a path toward healthy living.The plan includes initiatives and ideas that communities and residents can apply to a common goal. By working together, we create an environment where children make smart lifestyle choices that are beneficial toward their long-term health and well-being. Visit makingkanefitforkids.org.
16-week indoor season, Nov. to Feb.
- Competitive Team
- (Three 2-hour practices weekly, three competitive meets, team uniforms, AAU membership & season-end awards)
- Recreational Team
- (Two 90-minute practices weekly)
Join active walkers age 55 and better on Tuesdays at 8:30 a.m. at the following locations. If the weather is too cold or rainy, then we will walk inside at the Prisco Center. The Walking Club is free to join and there is no charge to be a member!
- Lincoln Park – trail next to FVPD Greenhouse at Russell and Lakewood;
- Mastodon Lake – trail around the lake in Phillips Park at Smith Boulevard and Ray Moses Drive; Gilman Trail – trail starting at Blackberry Farm off Barnes Road;
- Waubonsie Lake Park – trail around Waubonsie Lake off Kautz Road;
- New Haven – New Haven Avenue, just west of Highland Avenue;
- Montgomery Park – main lot off Mill Street; meet at shelter