2017 MID-AM HITS THE RIVER SUNDAY, JUNE 4
Boats begin launching at 9 a.m.
Boats begin launching at 10:30 a.m.
Remember, you can re-group at the start line. If your friends/family are in a different heat, you can arrange to all launch together – individualized starting allows this flexibility. Boats are staged in heats for organizational purposes – your listed starting time is approximate.
Take a video tour of the Mid-Am…
|Race Day Highlights||Fox River Trippin’||From Above: The Overview|
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS
NO DAY-OF REGISTRATION OR BOAT RENTALS
NEW START-LINE PROCEDURES – PLEASE READ
|Day-of Information Booklet||
Join our email list
The historic Mid-Am… famously fun times! This popular canoe/kayak race is for paddlers of all ages and abilities, featuring 11 canoe divisions, 8 kayak divisions and 1 open (non-competitive) division. From the ultra-competitive, experienced river runners to young families and newbies just wanting to enjoy a memorable paddling experience on the Fox River – IT’S ALL HERE!
- Canoe and Kayak rental discount packages – just show up and your boat is waiting – and gets picked up afterward. Nice!!
- Free shuttle service between the start and finish lines – including a large-capacity school bus for greater service
- T-shirt, goodie bag and lunch included with registration
- Party in the Park at McCullough Park – apres-paddle fest featuring food, music, prize drawings, local vendor booths, live interviews with race participants and awards ceremony (1st, 2nd & 3rd in all divisions, both races) – INVITE FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FANS TO JOIN THE FUN – FREE ADMISSION!
- Six shuttle buses will be running from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. / 2 school buses are among the fleet
- Paddlers are advised to arrive at their start area at least 1 hour prior to launch time.
- Travel times: Allow at least 1 hour from Prisco to St. Charles start area; allow at least 30 minutes from Prisco to Batavia start area.
- Time guide examples: If your heat launches at 9:20 a.m. in St. Charles, board the shuttle at Prisco by 7:20 a.m. or earlier.
- If your heat launches at 10:40 a.m. in Batavia, board the shuttle at Prisco by 9:10 a.m. or earlier.
- Boats cannot be transported on the shuttle buses.
- Drive to your starting location (Mt. St. Mary Park/St. Charles or VFW/Batavia) and drop your boat in the secured “Canoe Corral” that is available at both sites.
- Drive to finish area at McCullough Park (Route 31 and Illinois Avenue in Aurora). Participant parking is available in the Prisco Center lot and surrounding lots.
- Enjoy a free shuttle bus ride back to your starting area.
- After the race, your vehicle is conveniently waiting for you.
- Paddlers who have pre-registered can pick up their T-shirt, goodie bag, wrist band and boat number sticker at the
Prisco Community Center, 150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora during the following times:
- Friday, June 2: 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3: 9 to 11 a.m.
- You may also wait until race day; boat numbers will be given to you at the start area, and the other items (T-shirt, goodie bag, lunch ticket) will be waiting for you at the finish area.
Registration questions: Contact Barb Daniels at 630-859-8606 or email@example.com
For questions about boat rentals, river conditions and general questions – and to volunteer for a live interview at the post-race party (yeah, share your story!): Contact Jeff Long at 630-966-4527 or firstname.lastname@example.org