Seeking to fill over 150 part-time and seasonal positions, the Fox Valley Park District will host a community job fair on Saturday, March 11, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Prisco Community Center (150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora).
As one of the area’s largest employers, the park district offers opportunities for teens and adults alike, with flexible work schedules and a wide range of jobs.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit and get information about the positions and job requirements. Park District staff will be on hand to answer questions and perform introductory interviews.
Potential job applicants are advised to come prepared by printing out a job application form from the District’s website and bringing the completed form to the job fair. A camp counselor application form is also available for those applying for summer camp jobs.
“The Park District is reaching out so the community is aware of how many job opportunities we’ll have available this summer,” said Human Resources Manager Lynn Fenton. “This job fair will give potential applicants a complete picture of job descriptions; from there, they can easily apply to the area that suits their skills and interests.
“We are traditionally the first job for many local teens and also offer flexibility for adults who work on a part-time basis. Working at the Park District is fun and rewarding. Benefits also include reduced or free admission to some district programs and facilities.”
Job openings include:
- Recreation & Community Center – Camps, child care, birthday parties, dance, theatre, gymnastics, athletics, tennis, playground site supervisors and more.
- Parks Department – Gardener, trail ranger, grounds worker, athletic fields and general maintenance at water parks.
- Blackberry Farm – Animal caretakers, ride operators, interpreters, guest services, camp counselors, ground maintenance and custodians.
- Red Oak Nature Center – Naturalists, guest services and camp staff.
- Aquatics – Life guards, guest services and maintenance.
Potential job applicants should visit the FVPD Job Fair webpage to read full job descriptions and acquire more detailed information.