The 2014 Fox Valley Park District Master Plan Update represents the sixth comprehensive planning effort completed by the District since its founding in 1947. Importantly, this Master Plan Update incorporates the initiatives outlined in the District’s 2007 Open Space, Park and Recreation Investment Plan (OSPRI), an extensive program of new park development, park renovations and land acquisition. View the 2014 Master Plan
The Fox Valley Park District Strategic Plan 2015-2018 provides direction and a planned pursuit of the mission, vision, key strategies, goals and actions of the District from May 1, 2015, through April 30, 2018. The plan reflects the District’s increasing responsiveness and sophistication, moving the District into a greater strategic planning direction and less tactical mode, which is the next logical step in the organization’s life cycle and planning evolution. Strategic planning is a systematic approach to defining longer term business goals and identifying the means to achieve them. It provides the District with the ability to channel resources in a direction that yields the greatest benefit to resident taxpayers, constituents and guests. The benefits of strategic planning include:
- Focuses the District’s resources on activities that are essential to increasing customer satisfaction, lowering costs, increasing taxpayer value and achieving measurable outcomes.
- Creates a planning and implementation system that is responsive, flexible and disciplined.
- Encourages cooperation and support among all Park District departments.
- Reinforces the continuous improvement environment of the District.
- Empowers managers and employees by providing them with the authority to fulfill planned activities.
- Eliminates non-core activities.
- Provides for more seamless internal and external customer service.
- Defines and describes the District’s strategies. As a result, employees and residents know where the District is headed.
View the 2015-18 Strategic Plan
Tell Us What You Think!
Fox Valley Park District values your input and regularly surveys residents and guests regarding the value of our programs, events and services. We take pride in our ability to listen and incorporate your feedback into improvements that benefit all of our users. If you have an idea for something you’d like to see, or a way to improve our services, please send your comments to Jim Pilmer, Executive Director, at email@example.com