2017 MID-AM HITS THE RIVER SUNDAY, JUNE 4 – 56TH YEAR ON THE FOX!
CLICK TO REGISTER ONLINE
|St. Charles to Aurora – Canoe
$25 per paddler
|St. Charles to Aurora – Kayak
$25 per paddler
|St. Charles to Aurora – Canoe Rental
$95 per 2-person team
|St. Charles to Aurora – Kayak Rental
$55 per paddler
|Batavia to Aurora – Canoe
$20 per paddler
|Batavia to Aurora – Kayak
$20 per paddler
|Batavia to Aurora – Canoe Rental
$80 per 2-person team
|Batavia to Aurora – Kayak Rental
$45 per paddler
Join our email list
The historic Mid-Am… famously fun times! This popular canoe/kayak race is for paddlers of all ages and abilities, featuring 11 canoe divisions, 8 kayak divisions and 1 open (non-competitive) division. From the ultra-competitive, experienced river runners to young families and newbies just wanting to enjoy a memorable paddling experience on the Fox River – IT’S ALL HERE!
- Canoe and Kayak rental discount packages – just show up and your boat is waiting – and gets picked up afterward. Nice!!
- Free shuttle service between the start and finish lines – including a large-capacity school bus for greater service
- T-shirt, goodie bag and lunch included with registration
- Group Discounts: Reserve your own heat and the 10th boat registration is FREE! Save up to $50 per group, per heat. Great for large families, Scouts, school organizations, paddling clubs, etc. Friends Float Together! You’ll all launch at the same time in the same heat!
- Party in the Park at McCullough Park – apres-paddle fest featuring food, music, prize drawings, local vendor booths, live interviews with race participants and awards ceremony (1st, 2nd & 3rd in all divisions, both races) – INVITE FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FANS TO JOIN THE FUN – FREE ADMISSION!
- Six shuttle buses will be running from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. / 2 school buses are among the fleet
- Paddlers are advised to arrive at their start area at least 1 hour prior to launch time.
- Travel times: Allow at least 1 hour from Prisco to St. Charles start area; allow at least 30 minutes from Prisco to Batavia start area.
- Time guide examples: If your heat launches at 9:20 a.m. in St. Charles, board the shuttle at Prisco by 7:20 a.m. or earlier.
- If your heat launches at 10:40 a.m. in Batavia, board the shuttle at Prisco by 9:10 a.m. or earlier.
- Boats cannot be transported on the shuttle buses.
- Drive to your starting location (Mt. St. Mary Park/St. Charles or VFW/Batavia) and drop your boat in the secured “Canoe Corral” that is available at both sites.
- Drive to finish area at McCullough Park (Route 31 and Illinois Avenue in Aurora). Participant parking is available in the Prisco Center lot and surrounding lots.
- Enjoy a free shuttle bus ride back to your starting area.
- After the race, your vehicle is conveniently waiting for you.
- Paddlers who have pre-registered can pick up their T-shirt, goodie bag, wrist band and boat number sticker at the
Prisco Community Center, 150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora during the following times:
- Friday, June 2: 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3: 9 to 11 a.m.
- You may also wait until race day; boat numbers will be given to you at the start area, and the other items (T-shirt, goodie bag, lunch ticket) will be waiting for you at the finish area.
Registration questions: Contact Barb Daniels at 630-859-8606 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about boat rentals, river conditions and general questions – and to volunteer for a live interview at the post-race party (yeah, share your story!): Contact Jeff Long at 630-966-4527 or email@example.com
- Whether large or small, every sponsor plays an important role in helping to further strengthen our communities. With a shared, common goal, we all enjoy greater benefits by working together. By becoming a sponsor, your organization will gain heightened exposure among the most valuable demographic – local residents. And as a result of sponsor support, the Park District is able to further expand the quality of its programs and offer a wide-variety of affordable events to our community. Fox Valley Park District sponsorship benefits provide your business with opportunities to:
- Increase Business Visibility: Promote your brand, mission and message to a targeted audience
- Connect with Communities: Support healthy, active lifestyles by interacting with event participants
- Find the Right Fit: Flexible sponsorship options that fit your budget
Learn more about Mid-American Canoe & Kayak Race sponsorship opportunities or District-wide sponsorship opportunities. For more information, contact Dan Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our 2016 Sponsors below!